Achtung, baby!

An insight into my world before and after the baby... 

Before a baby : 
A normal conversation between my husband and I would consist of every topic possible to talk under the stars.
After a baby: 
The only thing we could talk about was what the baby did, what the baby ate, what color did it poop. All conversations somehow lead to the baby and that was all we could talk with each other and everyone else too.

Before a baby :
A normal weekday would be like wake up at 8 am, have breakfast with hubby, see him off to work, and have the entire day to myself for doing anything I want or don’t want to do till he comes in the evening, have tea and snacks together, cook and eat whatever the mood is, watch some tv and sleep by 12.
After a baby :
A normal day would be wake up when the baby wakes and then the entire day is on a fasttrack mode -  feed her, bathe her, change diapers, clean bottles, play with her – on a repeat mode and when you are hell tired and decide to call it a night is exactly when the little one decides to call it a day. Yeah!

Before a baby:
I used to sleep uninterrupted for 9-10 hrs at night. I was someone who would not compromise on my sleep for anything in the world. I needed my beauty sleep come rain or shine.
After a baby:
I eventually found out what exactly is sleep deprivation. Ofcourse I had heard about the term but never ever experienced it first hand. After my baby was born even a couple of hours sleep at a stretch seemed like heaven. And finally when after the initial year of sleepless nights, the baby started to sleep through the night it felt like a miracle uniting with my long lost love – My sleep!

Before a baby :
A weekend would be a much awaited affair. We used to get up late, have a lazy morning with brunch, watch movies, eat out, spur-of-the-moment weekend trips.. In short, an ideal weekend in our imaginary dictionaries. 
After a baby :
What is a weekend, eh? We keep doing the same exact things that we would do on a weekday and if on a rare occasion we decided to dine out it was never together.. we had to take turns to eat our food as one of us had to keep the baby occupied or risk being the target of the exasperating and irksome looks from the neighbouring tables.

Before a baby :
Travelling meant rejuvenating, relaxing, exploring new places, adventure and romance. “I love traveling, its so much fun and thrilling to discover new places!”
After a baby :
Travelling means a change of location to do the things you anyways do at home everyday! At the end you come back home more exhausted than you already were and wish for another break. “Travelling? Uhh, I need to pack my entire home! Can we wait for another five years please?” 

Before a baby :
Shopping used to be an exhilarating experience.. Would easily spend 5-6 hours leisurely rummaging though the mall/shops to find the best deals. It was indeed a therapy which worked wonders for me everytime I shopped!
After a baby:
Shopping turns into a game. A Hide and seek game if you are shopping with the kid as half the time you spend looking and running after the kid, “Omg! Where has she gone now? She was right here a second ago!” And the hunt begins. If you are without the kid, then it’s like a time game. Like the one-minute game. You have half an hour before the baby’s feeding time or nap time or wake-up time or some or the other time that you have to be back for. And your time starts now. Tick-Tock tick-tock. “Oh! It’s already time to go and I haven’t even gone through one aisle. Damn! I need to come back again” And that ‘again’ comes after a month (if lucky enough) but the history repeats itself.

Before a baby:
Whenever I used to see parents reprimanding or yelling at their kids I thought “OMG! What horrible parents they are.. how can anyone treat their child like this?” with a disgusted look on my face.
After a baby:
I became the exact same parent I used to look at disgustedly! Oh yes! All my thought bubbles busted on how a perfect parent I’ll be when I have a baby, as soon as my baby entered her terrible two’s. And the reality striked!

Well, these are just some of the changes that took place in our life after our baby came into our life! It definitely is rightly said that #havingababychangesyourlife. Ever since she came into our life four years ago, I knew my life was about to experience the most significant change ever. I didn’t know if these changes were for the good or bad. I was not sure if these changes were temporary or permanent. I was not even certain that these changes were essential or unessential. All I was confident about was that these changes would be embraced with open arms just as her. And all of these changes seemed petty when I weighed it against the happiness and inner contentment that I attained when I saw her or when I was with her and when I did all those little things for her. It brings utmost joy and peace within. Now, no dinner seems complete without her, no movie starts or ends without her, no vacation is fun without her and no sleep is peaceful without her around. It’s like our life is completely incomplete without our baby. And that’s precisely how your child changes your outlook towards life - for the better!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out-cast..

Mamma, Can I skip school.. like forever? :D

If only...